Chocolate lovers rejoice! Chocolate Covered Cranberries are an elegant bite-sized snack that everyone will want to try! These little dark chocolate-coated treats have big flavour and they couldn’t be more simple to make.
The combination of tart fresh cranberries enrobed in sweet chocolate is a unique flavour experience. The best part is when you take a bite the cranberry pops in your mouth and you’re met with a sour burst of flavour. It definitely makes you want to eat another and another and another.
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- Only requires two ingredients!
- A way to use up extra cranberries. I know I always have some left over after baking Cranberry Orange Bread!
- Kids Love to help! Dipping the cranberries in chocolate is a fun baking task to do together.
- This recipe is a great alternative for sugary candies and chocolates especially around the holidays when we’re overloaded with sweet options.
- Chocolate Covered Cranberries would be a very elegant element to add to a charcuterie board.
- Great for a holiday party spread.
- A healthy treat option for Valentine’s Day with a nice pop of red!
- Makes a lovely homemade gift.
More Chocolatey Treats:
- Chocolate Buckwheat Muffins
- Haystack Cookies
- Date Pudding
- Oat Flour Brownies
- Green Smoothie Chocolate Muffins
A note on chocolate: I recommend using dark bakers chocolate or a chocolate brand that is free from refined sugar such as Hu Kitchen.
Melt the chocolate either in a double boiler on the stove or in the microwave.
Dip the cranberries in the chocolate one at a time using a fork, allowing the excess chocolate to drip off.
Place the cranberries on a parchment lined baking sheet and place in the fridge until the chocolate sets.
Tips for Making Chocolate Dipped Cranberries
- You can use milk chocolate, semi-sweet, dark or even white chocolate. Whatever is your preference. You can even make some beautiful designs by dipping the cranberries in dark chocolate and then adding a drizzle of white chocolate.
- You can also experiment with dipping dried cranberries (or craisins) in chocolate for a much sweeter and chewier snack.
More Recipes to Enjoy
Peanut Butter Swirl Black Bean Brownies
These peanut butter swirl black bean brownies are so fudgy and so delicious. The texture can’t be beaten! They seriously are like fudge.
These gluten-free buckwheat flour brownies are fudgy and chocolatey. They really call for a tall glass of ice-cold milk.
Enjoy this smooth and creamy Chocolate Pudding in a fancy dish as an elegant dessert or serve it up as a healthy snack. Although this pudding tastes rich and decadent, it is actually very good for you.
Save This Recipe To Pinterest
Chocolate Covered Cranberries
Chocolate Covered Cranberries
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 8 oz dark baker's chocolate or semi-sweet baker's chocolate, or chocolate free of refined sugar
- Melt the chocolate either in a double boiler on the stove or in the microwave. Add ½ teaspoon of coconut oil if the chocolate is too thick.
- Dip the cranberries in the chocolate one at a time using a fork, allowing the excess chocolate to drip off.
- Place the cranberries on a parchment lined baking sheet and place in the fridge until the chocolate sets. This will take a minimum of half an hour.
- Store in the fridge in an airtight container. Enjoy within 1-2 weeks.
If you make this recipe please leave a comment and give this recipe a rating! I aim to respond to every single comment. I am so grateful when you trust me and try one of my recipe creations in your own kitchen. I love to hear how it went! Let’s connect on Instagram and tag me in your food pics!
‘Til next time,
The tart cranberries with the mild sweetness of the chocolate is a great combo and I love how I can pop like 5 in my mouth at once!
I always order chocolate-covered cranberries at Christmas as stocking stuffers. Now I can make them myself. Thanks!
I love this idea! I am a huge chocolate covered fruit snacker, but have not tried chocolate covered cranberries before! Sounds delicious!
Beautiful! I can't wait to surprise my kids with the fun center of these 🙂 Maybe a special treat in their Easter baskets!
Oooooo! So not only are these adorable and easy to make, they sound amazing! I can't wait to try them! Love the tart cranberries and chocolate partnered up!
These cranberries look soooo good! I have bookmarked the recipe to try when I see some fresh ones. Being an Aussie they aren't something I can find all the time but I have to make these. Thanks for another great rcipe.
Who would have thought cranberries and chocolate could be such a delicious match? I Enjoyed this sweet treat!
What a great idea! I love the combo of tart cranberries and delicious chocolate. Cannot wait to try this recipe 😉
Loreto and Nicoletta says
These are just so beautiful. Very dangerous too. I can't imagine only eating a few. Imagining the tartness of the cranberries, and that lovely chocolate. Excuse me need to wipe my mouth. Drooling here! Lol.
Love the cranberry and chocolate combo. So delicious. Thanks for sharing.
This recipe was so easy and made a great snack! I must admit that I probably ate too many of them, lol.