This Matcha Protein Shake recipe is thick and creamy, providing lots of protein and an abundance of nutrients to keep you full and satisfied. This recipe has a great balance of matcha flavour with the creamy consistency of a milk shake.
Matcha has increased in popularity in North America both for its health benefits and for its delicious taste. Matcha is known for providing a steadier energy release than coffee which prevents you from experiencing caffeine jitters. Matcha has an abundance of phytonutrients, antioxidants and polyphenols and is an excellent source of the amino acid l-theanine. L-theanine is known for increasing mental focus, promoting relaxation and easing stress. I also have a recipe on my blog for Gluten Free Matcha Crinkle Cookies. If you are a true matcha lover, you should try them.
For this recipe, you’ll need ice cubes, a scoop of vanilla protein powder of your choice, any kind of milk, half a banana and matcha powder with an option to add spinach and/or maple syrup if you wish. I hope you love it!
Some Healthy Smoothie Add Ins:
- Open up a probiotics capsule and pour contents into the smoothie before blending.
- Add a drop of vitamin D to your smoothie.
- Sneak more greens into your smoothie like kale or chard.
- Add some ground flaxseed, chia, hemp or avocado to your smoothie for some extra healthy fats.
- Add sunflower lecithin for its health benefits and also to thicken your smoothie
- Swap out milk for yogurt, kefir or greek yogurt for increased digestibility. It will make your smoothie more tart tasting but some prefer that!
- Another digestion booster is aloe vera juice. I purchase the debittered kind that truly tastes just like water. Adding a splash to your smoothie is a great way to remember to take it.
How to Make Matcha Tea Protein Smoothie
Add ice cubes, vanilla protein powder, matcha tea powder, milk, banana, spinach and maple syrup to a blender and blitz until smooth. Enjoy!
Tips for Making Matcha Protein Smoothie
- Buy extra bananas when you go grocery shopping for the purpose of freezing for smoothies
- Use ceremonial grade matcha if you can. It’s the highest quality of matcha you can buy.
More Recipes to Enjoy Around the Table
Tahini Hot Chocolate is almost as quick to make as hot chocolate from a mix. Simply warm your milk of choice in a sauce pan and add in unsweetened cocoa powder, maple syrup, a pinch of sea salt and tahini. Warm it all together and enjoy.
You need this easy Chana Masala recipe in your life! Chana Masala is a flavour-packed, delicious and nutritious meal. Chana Masala is actually my favourite inexpensive, convenient and easy weekday dinner recipe to make.
This High Protein Granola recipe is completely sugar-free, held together with whipped egg whites and deliciously spiced with ginger and cinnamon.
Matcha Protein Shake
Matcha Protein Shake
- 1 Blender
- 5 regular ice cubes
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder whey protein or vegan protein of your choice
- ½ cup whole milk dairy free if desired
- half a banana
- 1 ½ tsp matcha tea powder
- small handful of spinach Optional, gives a lovely green colour
- 1 tsp maple syrup Optional, if you like it a little sweeter
- Add icecubes, vanilla protein powder, matcha tea powder, milk, banana, spinach and maple syrup to a blender and blitz until smooth. Enjoy!
‘til next time,