Sunflower Seed Butter Cookies
Sunflower Seed Butter Oatmeal Cookies are soft, chewy and satisfying. These cookies are packed with nutritious ingredients like rolled oats, raw sunflower seeds, shredded coconut, ground flaxseed and sunflower seed butter.
- 2 cups all-purpose or spelt flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 3 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/3 cup raw hulled sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 1/2 cup smooth sunflower seed butter unsweeteened
- 1 cup chocolate chips
To Top The Cookies
- sprinkle of sunflower seeds
- a few extra chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and prepare two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, oats, flaxseed, shredded coconut, sunflower seeds, baking soda, cinnamon and sea salt. Whisk together thoroughly.
In a separate medium sized bowl, cream together the softened butter and sugar for several minutes until the butter is light and fluffy.
Whisk in room temperature eggs one at a time and then stir in the sunflower seed butter.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chips.
Roll 2 tbsp of cookie dough into balls and place on the baking sheet. Flatten the dough balls with the palm of your hand. If desired, top with a few extra chocolate chips and a sprinkle of raw sunflower seeds.
Bake for 8-10 minutes. (Bake for around 7 minutes for softer cookies.) Allow the cookies to cool slightly and enjoy!
- The cookies in the photos were made with spelt flour and coconut sugar. Bake for a minute or two less if making with spelt flour and coconut sugar for soft cookies.