Are you looking for a delicious and nutritious way to increase your daily vegetable intake? Try sneaking veggies into your daily smoothie! By adding veggies like carrots, beets, cauliflower, kale or spinach to your smoothies, you can get your vegetable serving count up to the recommended 4-5 servings a day (which can be hard to do) and boost your nutrient intake.
The best part about adding veggies to smoothies is how you can disguise the flavor. This makes it a great option for kids or picky eaters who may not be incredibly keen on eating their veggies in their whole form.
The Best Vegetables for Smoothies:
- Spinach: Spinach is packed with vitamins and minerals, including iron, calcium, and vitamin K. It has a mild flavor that blends well with sweet ingredients like fruits, making it an excellent addition to smoothies. If you buy frozen spinach then you can have some always available for smoothies.
- Kale: Like spinach, kale is a leafy green that's packed with nutrients. It has a slightly bitter flavor that can be masked with sweet ingredients like berries or mango.
- Cauliflower: Cauliflower is a versatile vegetable that has a mild flavor and a creamy texture. When blended, it gives smoothies a creamy texture and adds a boost of fiber, vitamins, and minerals. This is my favourite veggie to add to smoothies!
- Carrots: Carrots when blended add natural sweetness and a smooth texture to smoothies. They're a great source of beta-carotene and vitamin C.
- Zucchini: Zucchini is a summer squash that's high in fiber, potassium, and vitamins C and B6. It has a mild flavor that blends well with sweet ingredients like fruits and spices.
- Beets: Don't forget beets! Beets add an earthy yet sweet flavor to smoothies. And an incredible pinky red colour that makes smoothies so beautiful. They are rich in iron and vitamin C!
And yes avocados aren't technically vegetables but I included them in this round up as well because honestly I think they deserve to be a vegetable!
More Recipes with Sneaky Veggies:
Smoothies with Sneaky Veggies
Avocado Berry Smoothie
Matcha Protein Smoothie
Morning Glory Smoothie
Banana Beet Smoothie
Green Goddess Smoothie
Broccoli Smoothie with Pineapple
Cucumber Tropical Smoothie
Orange Carrot Smoothie
Beet & Pomegranate Smoothie
Pineapple Cucumber Smoothie
Apple Kiwi Kale Smoothie
Blueberry Spinach Smoothies
Cinnamon Berry & Beetroot Smoothie Bowl
Avocado & Moringa Green Smoothie
Cherry Berry Beet Smoothie
Arugula Pineapple Smoothie
Peanut Butter Cauliflower Smoothie
You’ve really caught my attention with all the beet recipes! The lonely pc frozen beets in my freezer thanks you. lol