You can use Tahini Balsamic Dressing in a variety of ways:
- When I make salad for the boys, I combine cubed cheese, diced apple and cucumber and top it with this dressing. Children can be a little wary of lettuce but they love this simple salad.
- This also makes a great dressing for a quinoa salad. I highly recommend it.
- Use as a hummus topper. Just drizzle a generous amount of dressing over a bowl of hummus to add an extra zing of flavour. So good.
Frequently Asked Questions About Tahini
Does tahini contain peanuts?
No, tahini doesn’t contain peanuts. Tahini is made from sesame seeds. In the case of a peanut allergy, ensure that the tahini that you purchase has been processed in a peanut-free facility.
Is tahini gluten-free?
Tahini is gluten-free. In the case of a gluten allergy, ensure that the tahini that you purchase was processed in a gluten-free facility.
Is tahini vegan?
Yes, Tahini is vegan. Tahini only contains sesame seeds and in some cases some additional neutral oil and salt.
Do you need to refrigerate tahini?
Yes, keep tahini refrigerated to maintain freshness.
How to Make Tahini Balsamic Dressing
You only need these ingredients to make this delicious dressing: tahini, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, grainy dijon mustard, maple syrup, salt and pepper.
Making your own dressing at home is a simple habit that will greatly increase the nutritional value of your salads. Store-bought dressings often contain canola oil or other unhealthy oils, sugar or extra additives to prolong the shelf life.
Pour all the ingredients into an 8 oz mason jar and shake until thoroughly mixed. Taste the dressing and adjust for seasoning if necessary. Store in the fridge for freshness and use within 5-7 days. Enjoy!
Tips for Making Balsamic Tahini Dressing
- Stir tahini well. Tahini needs to be stirred just like natural peanut butter. It’s important to make sure it’s mixed well to achieve the right consistency for the dressing.
- Store in the fridge for freshness. I recommend taking it out of the fridge 10 minutes before using so the dressing is pourable.
- Use this dressing up within 5-7 days.
- Always use good quality olive oil. Look for extra virgin olive oil in a dark glass bottle which will protect the oil from oxidation from light.
More Recipes to Enjoy Around the Table
I love making homemade hot chocolate because I can control the amount of sugar. I also love knowing every single ingredient that goes into making my drink. If you prefer, make this recipe dairy free by swapping out whole milk for coconut milk.
These Oat Flour Banana Pancakes are a super tasty and healthy way to start the day! Oat Flour Pancakes are made with simple wholesome ingredients. They contain no white sugar but are naturally sweetened with ripe bananas.
This Matcha Protein Shake recipe is thick and creamy, providing lots of protein and an abundance of nutrients to keep you full and satisfied. This recipe has a great balance of matcha flavour with the creamy consistency of a milkshake.
Save Tahini Balsamic Dressing to Pinterest
Tahini Balsamic Dressing
Tahini Balsamic Dressing
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 1 1/2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp grainy dijon mustard
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- Pour all the ingredients into an 8 oz mason jar. Shake until thoroughly mixed.
- Taste the dressing and adjust for seasoning if necessary.
- Store in the fridge for freshness and use within 5-7 days. Enjoy!
‘Til next time,