Nettle Tea Lemonade is bright and refreshing and naturally sweetened with maple syrup. It tastes like lemonade with a hit of green tea flavour --the most delicious way to drink nettle leaf tea.
I try to drink nettle tea regularly for its incredible health benefits but on its own nettle leaf is really lacking in the flavour department. When it stands alone nettle tea is bland and earthy but when it's used as the base for this delicious lemonade recipe it is absolutely delicious.
If you want to be drinking nettle tea regularly I recommend brewing a big batch of tea and making a big jug of this lemonade recipe to sip throughout the week ahead.
I love adding boosts of nutrition wherever I can into my meals, snacks or drinks and this is a great way to boost my summer beverage with minerals like iron and calcium and B vitamins.
More Refreshing Drink Recipes:
Frequently Asked Questions
Nettle tea is naturally caffeine free.
Yes! Nettle tea is not known to keep you up at night and contains no caffeine. It may even cause drowsiness so it may help some people to sleep.
According to Azure Standard one quart of nettle leaf infusion contains up to 15 milligrams of iron.
Health Benefits of Nettle Tea
- Nettle may reduce pain and inflammation associated with arthritis and other ailments.
- Nettle tea has been shown to assist the body with blood sugar management.
- Nettle provides a lot of polyphenols which are powerful compounds that work to prevent disease.
- Nettle is also rich in antioxidants.
- Nettle lessens the severity of allergy symptoms.
- Nettle is rich in the following minerals: iron, calcium, magnesium, silicon, potassium and zinc.
Health information sourced from healthline. As with any herbs be sure to consult your doctor before consuming them regularly.
More Healthy Drink Recipes to Enjoy
Atole de Avena is a warm, comforting drink that is so versatile that it can be enjoyed as a snack, dessert or as a calming bedtime drink. It is surprisingly filling and only lightly sweetened with brown sugar or your choice of sweetener.
Tahini Hot Chocolate
Tahini Hot Chocolate is a thick, comforting hot drink with a truly underrated flavour combination: tahini and chocolate.
Pour over coffee can bring out the subtle notes in your coffee and start you on a new coffee journey to enjoying cafe-quality coffee at home, every day.
Nettle Tea Lemonade
Nettle Tea Lemonade
- 1 tea bag nettle leaf organic
- 1 ½ cup water
- 5 ice cubes
- pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Boil water and brew a cup of nettle tea and allow it to steep for 15-30 minutes and cool down to room temperature.
- In a separate drinking glass, combine maple syrup, lemon juice, pinch of salt and stir well. Top with ice cubes
- Add approximately 1 ½ cups of the room temperature nettle tea or whatever will fit in the glass. Stir and enjoy!
If you make this recipe please leave a comment and give this recipe a rating! I aim to respond to every single comment. I am so grateful when you trust me and try one of my recipe creations in your own kitchen. I love to hear how it went! Let’s connect on Instagram and tag me in your food pics!
‘Til next time,
Leave a Reply